Monday, July 14, 2008

Nanairo Ladies Clinic

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and I’m getting regular check ups in Nanairo Ladies Clinic. (Map)
I think it is the nice clinic, the doctor is very gentle.
Ms. Anna has already written a detailed article about the clinic in Alien Times, ( click and check the text )
http://www.alientimes.org/Main/NanairoMaternityClinic
and I'd like to add a little more information.

Prenatal check up fee
7000 yen at the first visit
6000 yen each time after the first visit(0~23 weeks : once in a month , 30weeks~35 weeks : every two weeks, 36weeks ~: every week check up )
Tsukuba city gives you money help 14 times from 2009 April. If you submit the yellow paper which is distributed to every expectant mother, the check up fee is supported up to 5000 yen, 14 times.
Ms.Anna gave me the comment, and she added that "probably (like all other clinics) the cost for the checkup can sometimes be much more if you are having blood tests." That's true! I paid about 9000 yen when I got blood test even I submitted the yellow paper. You would have blood test at least 2times during prenatal check ups.

Giving birth fee and room fee ( total expense for the hospitalization )
room for 4 mothers 420000 yen
private room (7 room ) 460000 yen
deluxe private room 500000 yen ----You can stay with your husband and children.

Tsukuba city gives you 350000 yen after you give birth.

Option
epidural fee 40000 yen
new born baby's acoustic test fee 5000 yen

You can choose how to give birth from
Natural birth
Epidural
Less pain birth
Sophrology( It is a kind of mental training. You would listen to the music, and feel relaxed, then image giving birth every day to get the birth pain as birth energy. )
Planned birth ( If your baby doesn't come after due date, you can plan the giving birth day.)
Free style birth ( You can give birth in the lateral position, or in a sitting, standing ,,,, You can take any position.)

You can give birth with your husband and family
After you give birth, the baby will be with you if you don't have any trouble. You would stay 4 nights if it is not C-section. When you have C-section, it would be 5 nights.

Make an appointment by phone if it is your first visit.
tel 029-860-7716
Web site: http://www.nanairo.or.jp/
Unfortunately, there is no staff that can speak English. So if you have any trouble to visit the clinic, please let me know. I will go with you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kumi-san,
Thank you for posting information about the clinic.
I would just like to add that probably (like all other clinics) the cost for the checkup can sometimes be much more if you are having bloodtests.
I think this is the only clinic that offer epidurals....are you planning on having one ?
My sister inlaw in Sweden had one and she said it was almost no pain during her delivery..sounds nice ne..on the other hand, she was sent home the SAME day...they do that there....not so nice..
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ms.Anna!
I'm so happy to get your comment! As you pointed, I paied more money to get blood test.Thank you, I rewrote about that.
I'm not planning on having epidural next birth, because the doctor said I need C-section. But I got epidural at the first delivery in USA. I had no pain, and my recovery was so fast. I stayed 3nights in the hospital at that time. I was so surprised that your sister in low was sent home the same day! How short!

By the way, are you a owner of the "Blomster Anna"? That flower shop is so nice! My family go there every weekend, and order 1000 yen bunch of flowers.Everytime,the shop's comfortable room and beautiful flowers make me feel relaxed and happy. Can I write about your shop in my blog next time? I just tell my friends how I & my husband love your flower shop.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Yes that is my husband & my shop.
I have just returned from Sweden with some swedish stuff so please come and have a look.
This is my first time as a "buyer" so if you have any comments or suggestion I be thrilled to hear.
My husband has been in the flower buisness for many years but this is the first time I'm involved.
I thought it would be fun to do something together before we get too old. It is both fun and difficult for me though since I also have my "ordinary" fulltime job.
Take care.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna-san!
I have already checked the wonderful Swedish stuffs last Sunday. The design are so interesting for me. I asked Anna-san and staff "How do I use this towel?" Anna-san said " It is a kitchen towel." But it looked like a picture that I want to put it on the wall. The Swedish cutting board was also very pretty. I was so happy just to look around them. I'm looking forward to seeing you and seeing the stuff again!

NandL said...

Kumi!
Hey!! It is interesting that you wrote about this clinic. I actually stopped there to see if they would take me. But since I was so close to my due date (and I think also because I have Diabetes) they would not take me. That is ok.
We had a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! I want to email you the details about the experience, I just haven't yet. I hope all is well with you!!!
Laura H...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura!

Congratulations!! I just checked your blog, and saw your beautiful girl's picture. How cute!!!
I want to see my baby quickly,but I have to wait for more 1 month... Please take good care of yourself! And please let me see her pictures more after you recovered.

Unknown said...

Dear Kumi - san,

Does the clinic have injection service for women before being pregnant? Thank you so much for your support.

Thuy