Saturday, July 19, 2008

Veranda Plants

I love to grow vegetables and flowers on our balcony. My son and I water them, check their growth, and harvest some crops together. I'd like to introduce some plants.

It is our balcony. Very very small...









Verbena

I bought nursery plant on June, and finally it blows. We have pink and purple one.






It is group planting.
I planted Conifer, Scaevola (white), Angel lavender (purple), Petty (violet), and Periwinkle.
They are too grows, and past their blow prime.






It is Morning Glory which my son and I seeded on May. I' like to make it overhanging type someday.








They are Mint, Basil, Rosemary, Lemon balm, and Parsley. I use Basil in cooking frequently, so I bought more Basil at Anna-san's flower shop.
I'm also growing Nira, small leak, and Siso in other planter. They are very useful in Japanese cooking.













It is green pepper. I think it is easiest to bring up and most vigorous plant in my garden.






It is Goya. Goya is a kind of bitter cucumber. I 'm growing cucumber, and eggplant, too.

These plants give me healing everyday. I hope you enjoy it, too. I will introduce some gardening shops next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very beautiful, I like plants.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hafida!

I'm so glad to hear that you like plants. Ms.Anna who is the owner of the florist shop said she is planning to make her blog. I will let you know if she starts.